Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Anita's Stitching

I have begun stitching in 1978. For the last 10 years, my stitching has been with "smalls". I love to use beads and ribbons and always looking for new ways for finishing. My email addresses is anita@anitalittlestitches.com.

Friday, May 18, 2007

Lizzie Kate Spring Fob

I love this design by Lizzie Kate from Cross Stitch Crazy magazine June 2005 issue. I stitched it one over one and finished it as a scissor fob. It is definitely Summer here instead of Spring in the Texas area. The two little bees on the pattern are just so cute, one above the flowers, and one on the left side of the birdhouse.






I have some flowers pictures to share that are blooming in my garden:



Thank you so much for all the comments about my pinkeep and there are more to come. Instead of ribbons, there are lots of neat ideas using trims as well.

I have been Tagged by Goldie, here is 8 Random facts/habits about me:

1. I have an accounting degree and a certified public accountant in Texas.

2. I have lived in Boston, Los Angeles, and Houston area.

3. I started stitching in 1988.

4. My favorite colors are red and blue.

5. I used to have long hair that was around my waist but now I wear short hair.

6. I wear glasses.

7. I am about 5'3".

8. I love adding beads to my stitching projects.

I am not going to tag anyone because most people have either been tagged or don’t like being tagged.

25 Comments:

Blogger Katrina said...

Love the fob and your flowers are wonderful.

I have an accounting degree too :-).

11:00 AM  
Blogger elenamac said...

Ann I love the Fob!!!
wowhoo it's wonderful!!

Love
elena

12:16 PM  
Blogger Julie said...

Anita, the fob looks great! Its summer in Kansas too, though the last two mornings have been really nice and cool. It isn't expected to remain that way though.
I am wondering whether you'll email me about 1 over 1 and if you have a particular way you stitch to keep some of the stitches from sliding or disappearing. Thanks homerhobbsgracie@sbcglobal.net

1:13 PM  
Blogger Sharon said...

Pretty fob and your flowers are gorgeous!

1:18 PM  
Blogger Carla said...

Anita teh fob is so cute!! i've never seen that design before, it's lovely :)

1:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your fob is so bright and springy! And your flowers are just amazing!

2:10 PM  
Blogger Carol said...

Oh Anita!! Another absolute cutie!!!

3:05 PM  
Blogger Vonna Pfeiffer said...

Wow! You are a wonder with smalls :)
Another cutie!

5:57 PM  
Blogger Cathy B said...

Such beautiful flowers! Your scissors fob turned out pretty cute too!

7:08 PM  
Blogger Jeanne said...

What a cheery fob - you can't go wrong in my opinion with anything pink. :) You take wonderful pictures as well - love the flowers.

2:20 AM  
Blogger AuntSuze said...

Your fob is adorable, and over one too. Love the flowers, wish mine would blooms soon!

7:43 AM  
Blogger Sally said...

The fob looks beautiful Anita. Also love the pics of the flowers in your garde. They are so bright and pretty.

7:44 AM  
Blogger stitcherw said...

The fob is so bright and cheerful, and the little bees are cute. Love the flowers too. We are still struggling getting into spring, so I enjoyed seeing your flowers. Hopefully the last of our colder weather will be behind us now for a while.
Sue

11:34 AM  
Blogger Karoline said...

Your fob is really cute and I love the photo's of your flowers

12:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a wonderful scissor fob :)
So you are in Texas? I went to Texas last year to visit some stitching friends. It was so wonderful. Everything is SO BIG there!

6:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Super cute fob, and I love your pretty flower pictures :)

9:34 AM  
Blogger Katrina said...

what pretty pics in your post today :) Your little fob is so sweet, a lovely design and great finishing.

6:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOVE the fob! It turned out really cute! Congratulations! Your garden photos are pretty too!

8:02 AM  
Blogger Hazel said...

The fob is so pretty! Love it!

12:53 PM  
Blogger Rachel V said...

beautiful pictures of your blooming flowers! And what a sweet little fob.

I lived in Texas from age 12-27 ... east Texas, Dallas, and College Station for my undergrad. Now we're in Philly and I love the Northeast but I miss Texas sometimes!

8:28 AM  
Blogger Wendy said...

The over-1 stitching is a great idea - it makes this into a very sweet fob. Your flowers are lovely!

5:24 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

I love your Spring fob Anita, it looks so pretty stitched over 1.

9:58 AM  
Blogger Shari said...

the scissor fob is beautiful!! I also love all the floral pictures. Aren't fresh, homegrown flowers wonderful?! Thanks for sharing yours with us!!!

5:47 AM  
Blogger Nicole said...

Your fob is so cute! I definitely have to check out those British Magazines more often! :)

8:25 AM  
Blogger Meari said...

fInteresting facts! (How could someone NOT like to be tagged?!) :D

7:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home