Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Anita's Stitching

I have begun stitching in 1978. For the last 10 years, my stitching has been with "smalls". I love to use beads and ribbons and always looking for new ways for finishing. My email addresses is anita@anitalittlestitches.com.

Wednesday, January 24, 2007

My First Biscornu finishing

I finally sat down yesterday and finished a Biscornu. My favorite instruction on line is written by Mary Kathryn, http://lhfinishingschool.wordpress.com/biscornu-class/. The majority of the biscornu have buttons in the middle, however I have a few designs that are perfect for this type of finishings that have designs in the middle. I did not have any luck finding small "transparent" buttons for the middle. The best thing I like about the Biscornu is the "dent". So Chrissie comes to my rescue. Chrissie has made a few gorgeous biscornu with beads and tassels, http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=4303498&a=32285226&f=.

This is a Just Nan small design, Victorian Floral. There are beads on the biscornu. I used the Irish linen from Joann fabric. I like the stiffness in the Irish linen which come in the tube and perfect fabric for scissor fob as well.

I am very happy with the finish and there are going to be more biscornu coming up soon.

23 Comments:

Blogger Susimac said...

Oh Anita thats truely lovely, your finishing is amazing - i would never have guessed that was your first.

3:06 PM  
Blogger Katrina said...

It's really cute Anita! Those JN designs are perfect for finishing as a biscornu. Great job.

3:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Anita, your biscornu is simply gorgeous. What a wonderful job you have made of it. It is so pretty. Congratulations and looking forward to seeing more :)

3:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful biscornu! Your must be very happy with it.

5:13 PM  
Blogger Senorita Stitches said...

It's beautiful, Anita! I know what you mean. There are a lot of designs that are the right size for a biscornu but you want the center of the design to show too. The beads really dress it up too.

5:21 PM  
Blogger Carol said...

Wow, what a beauty Anita! Congratulations - great choice of chart too!

5:56 PM  
Blogger AuntSuze said...

Anita, its beautiful!! I love the colors. Your finishing is absolutely amazing!!

9:48 PM  
Blogger BeckySC said...

It's lovely :) Congratulations :)

10:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you can be proud of your finishing: it's absolutely perfect!
great choice of pattern for this project!!

12:30 AM  
Blogger Renee said...

Beautiful result indeed! For a first attempt at biscornu, it's a masterpiece. I like the colours and the beeds effect. I wish you a good day. Do you know the history behind the DMC threads? I put it on my blog today, as they're made in the French area where I was born. But it's a long text to read, so wait till you have time enough to read and get a cup of coffee ready for when you read.

2:52 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I can't believe that is your first one! It looks amazing.

6:15 AM  
Blogger Annemarie said...

Beutiful stitching, and such an incredible biscornu. And you say this is your first attempt? Wow!

7:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

beautiful! can't believe it's your first!

9:35 AM  
Blogger Cathy B said...

You did a beautiful job on your first biscornu - it looks great!

8:16 PM  
Blogger Lana said...

It is beautiful!
~Lana~

8:57 AM  
Blogger Karoline said...

Your biscornu is gorgeous Anita, congratulations

9:38 AM  
Blogger Katrina said...

wow, your biscornu turned out wonderful Anita, and such a pretty design to use for one too :)

2:55 PM  
Blogger Deborah said...

Wow Anita, it's gorgeous! Thanks for the link to the instructions.

3:00 PM  
Blogger CJ in OK ;-) said...

I love the design, your stitching is wonderful and so is the finish. I went to the instructions you mentioned and agree they are great.

10:55 PM  
Blogger Shell said...

It looks so pretty.

2:47 PM  
Blogger Chelle said...

You did a beautiful job with this biscornu, Anita! It's lovely!

8:57 AM  
Blogger lena-lou said...

This is beautiful Anita, I love the colours in this design as well.

4:51 PM  
Blogger Nia said...

Your biscornu (s?) are very pretty - I just made my first and second as well :)

The "focus on finishing" blog is excellent isnt' it!

Tannia

1:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home