Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Anita's Stitching

I have begun stitching in 1978. For the last 10 years, my stitching has been with "smalls". I love to use beads and ribbons and always looking for new ways for finishing. My email addresses is anita@anitalittlestitches.com.

Thursday, September 27, 2007

My son's christmas quilt and my birthday gifts

I started this christmas quilt stitching for my son for over 3 years now. I was going to finish it in one year and it just got dragged on. I keep on changing my minds as far as what designs I want to stitch. I decide in September that it is time to get it done and have my friend to finish it as a christmas quilt for him. The total squares will be 25 and I will stitch 24 squares and have my friend to do some type of machine embroidary for the inital "M" in the middle.


I just finished stitching 4 more squares and they are from the new Prairie Schooler all button up:







If you are interested in looking at the squares I have stitched so far, you can click here. I still want to find more train and christmas tree patterns.

I finally took pictures of my birthday gifts from my stitching friends. I got a lot of great gifts . I did not take the pictures individually. I just took a few pictures in various groups. I got a gift certificate from stitching bits and bobs from Susan, NJ. A suprise gift from Cathy OH on the walnut wood hornbooks. I have been wanting to get those hornbooks for quite a while. I got 2 bourses, one from Maralyn in Australia (French design) and one from Sharon (JBW design) in Texas. They are so pretty. I got a very cute pinkeep (Trilogy design) stitching one over one from Angi in Italy. She is the expert in one over one stitching. Cathy OH also stitched me a cute Mill hill design and Sandy from UK stitched me a beautiful petite Needleroll. I got a surprise package from Julie with a Bent creek chart, ribbons , some DMC linen threads and a chinese character birthday card. I also got quite a few beautiful threads from Sharon (lots of Anchor threads), Angi (French silk threads) and Maralyn (Australian silk threads). I got a few stitching accessories and buttons fromSandy, Angi, Janet and Maralyn. A few flat quarters from Sandy and Janet. Cathy in New mexico made me a very pretty beaded scissor fob and sent me a few books with samplers, floral motif and finishing techniques. She still has another package on the way to me in October. A few other Birthday cards as well. Thank you so much for all the great gifts.


Here are the pictures:





























I am going to be back on my Fall stitching #2 and the update will be next week around Friday. Thank you so much for all your comments. Have a great weekend.

37 Comments:

Blogger Kathy said...

Oh my gosh, what wonderful birthday presents. You obviously have lots of stitching friends.

Love the little PS designs. I have one of them almost one. Great job.

1:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great gifts Anita, especially like the hornbooks. I'll email you soon.

Sandra

1:45 AM  
Blogger Becky K in OK said...

Wow! You are indeed blessed. What a wonderful birthday your stitching friends made. Happy BD.

3:20 AM  
Blogger Cheryl said...

Wow, so many gifts!! Loved looking at all your pictures!
Lovely Christmas stitching

5:01 AM  
Blogger Vonna Pfeiffer said...

What a lovely bunch of super special gifts for a super special lady!!!!!
I love your PS ornies too! All buttoned up is cute especially for a little boy.
Do you know where she got those hornbooks? I've been wanting them too!
Happy Belated Birthday...you need to send me your address so that I can put you on my happy birthday list :)

6:53 AM  
Blogger Wendy said...

You received some wonderful gifts! I love all the blocks you have stitched for your son's quilt - they will work up beautifully for a boy's quilt.

7:28 AM  
Blogger Nancy said...

Hi Anita,

Your son's Christmas quilt will be very beautiful!

It looks as though you had a very happy birthday, and it was well deserved I'm sure.

Enjoy your weekend!
Nancy

7:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So many beautiful things to see. Whaouaaaaah, lucky you.
And I love your Xmas stitching.

7:55 AM  
Blogger Sally said...

What wonderful gifts Anita. You are so lucky.

Your son's quilt is going to look fantastic.

8:05 AM  
Blogger Carol said...

Your Christmas quilt is such a wonderful idea and it was fun looking at all your squares! I love the PS ones the best!!! And, happy belated birthday! I missed that one! Grrr... Lovely, lovely gifts - you sure deserve them!! {{{HUGS}}}

8:08 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

THe Christmas Quilt squares are fabulous. I love the PS squares you just finished. Congrats on all the beautiful gifts too - how wonderful!

10:26 AM  
Blogger angelasweby said...

Anita,
What a wonderful collection of quilt squares you've stitched for Michael, you are nearly there. Is it going to be a surprize Christmas present?
I love your birthday gifts. Your dear friends know exactly what you like. I love the little hornbooks too.
Look forward to seeing your next instalment of Autumn stitching :>)
Hugs, Angela

5:29 PM  
Blogger Cathy B said...

Happy Birthday Anita - wonderful gifts!

12:30 PM  
Blogger Needlearts Kelly said...

Don't you have wonderful friends! Beautiful gifts. Happy Birthday!

Cute Christmas squares too!

1:49 PM  
Blogger Stitcher said...

What wonderful gifts, I especially love that cute pinkeep.

2:12 PM  
Blogger Yasmin said...

Happy Birthday Anita..so many gifts. You are one lucky gal! BTW love the PS designs. They are so cute..

10:45 PM  
Blogger Carla said...

The blocks you are stitching for your son's quilts are very pretty!!
You've received wonderful birthday gifts!!!

11:47 AM  
Blogger Cathy C said...

HI Anita,
The gifts you received are lovely, and obviously they are expressions of great friendship from your stitching friends. So nice! Loved seeing the hand sewn basket, that is really darling, I'd like to make one of those sometime. Also, the pin keep is lovely and the bourse as well. I have never made a bourse, but that is coming up sometime in the near future . Your second set of gifts will be coming as soon as I get the patterns...they are back-ordered for the moment, and so I'm not sure when they will arrive, but hopefully I will have all the other stitching done when they get here and you can enjoy a sort of belated birthday :-). Wish I could send cake too :-), but not sure how it would arrive there being shipped from New Mexico. OH, and I can't forget, the horn books that one of your friends made for you are darling. I have to try that sometime.... I did buy my nephew a new saw after he finished helping me with all this yard work this year, so maybe I can get him to plane some wood for me. He hasn't picked up the saw yet, but when he gets it and I find some time to go buy wood, I may ask him to do that for me. Can you tell me what kind of wood she used for the horn books? It doesn't look like regular pine.

3:47 PM  
Blogger Shell said...

the quilt is going to be fantastic with all those cute Christmas designs.I am very tempted by the PS Buttoned Up,but I have so many other Christmas charts still waiting to be stitched.It reminds me of some of the old Danish Christmas charts.
What a birthday you had with all those stitchy gifts.

3:33 AM  
Blogger Nic said...

Stitching an afghan is a huge job - I did one for my niece when she was born - but the results are worth it!

8:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, how wonderful! I love your Christmas quilt idea!

9:55 AM  
Blogger Julie said...

Hello Anita! You got some great stash for your birthday! I'm looking forward to seeing the hornbooks finished.
Great progress on your son's blocks. They'll be very cute in a quilt.

11:08 AM  
Blogger Jackie in UK said...

Hi Anita,

Thanks for coming to visit my blog and leaving a message - I really appreciate it! :-)

Your blog is lovely - your sons xmas quilt will be wonderful! I also like your garden pleasures stitched over one. It looks very pretty, but I don't enjoy working over 1 much! LOL

You have some wonderful birthday presents from your friends too.......

Jackie x

1:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

happy birthday Anita !!! and thanks for your visit !

8:57 AM  
Blogger Ginger said...

Happy belated birthday, Anita. I am glad you had such lovely gifts to enjoy and think of your friends.
Hugs,
Ginger

9:51 AM  
Blogger Lennu said...

Lovely Christmas stitching, I so much enjoy seeing Christmas already in blogs, I just love Christmas :) Wow, you've received wonderful gifts! Happy belated birthday!

1:39 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Oh wow - you have been deliciously spoiled for your birthday! What wonderful presents!

I love the idea of the Christmas quilt for your son - I look forward to seeing it finished. Love the PS squares, they're so cute.

Happy belated birthday!

5:48 AM  
Blogger Hazel said...

What wonderful birthday presents. Love the quilt and the pieces you have done so far. What a great idea. Wishing you a fast finish on it!!

10:28 AM  
Blogger Debs said...

What great gifts! :D

12:39 PM  
Blogger Yuko said...

WOW, soooo many beautiful and wonderful Birthday Presents!!
And surprised of your PS little pieces! You stitch so fast!
I also have the same chart, but I don't know whether I could make it or not for this winter...
Looking forward to seeing your progress!

6:19 AM  
Blogger Wanda said...

What beautiful birthday gifts from soo many friends. I love the squares they are adorable. My little boy is now 17 so I miss out on those cute things.

8:03 AM  
Blogger Teresa said...

Happy Belated Birthday!
Love the pictures and your stitching is beautiful. :)

5:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anita - your work is amazing....
Always In stitches, Taffy

7:58 PM  
Blogger Sharon said...

Anita, your Christmas quilt idea is so nice, I think I might like to do that too. What a wonderful idea. I love the squares you have made so far. Just so pretty.
Happy Belated birthday, looks like you got so many beautiful gifts, what fun. Enjoy

10:28 PM  
Blogger Barb said...

Wow! I loved seeing your pictures. The quilt is going to be one your son will cherish I'm sure.

11:23 AM  
Blogger paru's_circle said...

wow!!!
lovely b'day gifts!
happy belated b'day!

1:51 PM  
Blogger Solstitches said...

Happy belated birthday Anita.
I enjoyed looking at the gifts you received. Your friends did you proud.

Margaret

3:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home