Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Anita's Stitching

I have begun stitching in 1978. For the last 10 years, my stitching has been with "smalls". I love to use beads and ribbons and always looking for new ways for finishing. My email addresses is anita@anitalittlestitches.com.

Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Houston Quilt show and Miscellanous others

We spent last night in the Emergency room from 11:45 pm to 4:00 am in the morning. My little boy had severe coughing. He was vomiting. I was so scared. The cough was so bad that I thought he would stop breathing. He has been sick on and off for 3 weeks since October. He does has some Asthma issue when he has a cold. In the Hospital, we found out he had Croup. It is a upper respiratory viral infection that could be deadly for children under 5 years old. The hospital has been having quite a few of this type of emergency in the last few days. The cough is like a "barking" cough and the vomiting part was a real concern for me. They gave him a big "breathing treatment", took some x rays and a shot of steroid. He was a great boy the whole time. When we got home, he told us he was very hungry and tired. We went to bed around 5 am and he got up around 9:30 am. He is doing very well today. They did not give us any medication. He is eating and wants to go to the park and play tennis. Here is a picture of him today. He insisted he needed a pic taken since mommy is taking pictures of her stitching.

He looks pale in the picture but he is in good spirit. When a child is healthy, it is a blessing more than anything I can ask for. Here is his picture on Halloween day as Bob the Builder:





I went to the Houston Quilt show last Saturday. I only stayed for 3 hours because my husband was dropping us off. I went with a friend that knows how to sew and would love to learn more on Quilting. I don't quilt or sew. This was my first time there and I am definitely going there again next year for a whole day. They had more than 200 booths. Many of the booths did not want to have their pictures taken so I only took a few to share. There were 3 stitching booths, Dinky Dyes, Stoney Creek and Silver needle. I am very impressed with the Silver needle displays:

Dinky Dyes, Jo Fisher and her booth. I just love the Twisted oak honor thy needle pyramid.






Stoney Creek, marilyn was there and she looked so tired. Her booth was very busy. The mitten ornaments were so pretty:







Silver needle had a big display booth, I love the just nan christmas pyramid as well and many of the stitched items were just awesome. There were a whole section of Mill hill ornaments stitched and finished:





Here were some random pictures of the show, I love the 2 halloween stitching designs; they were lot of sparkles there that the camera did not capture. There were tons of Fat Quarter and quilting fabric, many jewlry/beads, lot of trims, crystal projects and just lots to see. It is a show that you don't want to miss:









Here were what I bought at the Quilt show. I have limited budget and I can easy spending $1,000 there, but I did not, quite a few fabric, some dinky dyes threads, 2 packages of curve needles and some buttons:






I have received some stitching gifts from Frieda for my birthday( there is a thread winder in one of the heart boxes too) and Susan NJ sent me this JN exclusive from the cross stitch Festival at Hershey. Thank you so much:







I did 2 christmas biscornu finishings, the first one is Elizabeth's designs, and the second one is from Workbasket:










Have a great week and thank you so much for your comments. I will try to catch up with some sleep in the next few days. Please keep my little boy in your prayers.

36 Comments:

Blogger staci said...

I hope your son gets better soon! The first time my daughter had croup she was 11 months, it was very scary. Hope you are doing well since it's always worse at night.

5:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anita,
I am so sorry that Michael has had a bad attack of croup. Both our children had it when they were his age and it really is horrible to see and hear them suffering. It is a dangerous condition but can be helped by trying to calm your child down - not an easy thing to do when they are distressed and being sick. Boiling a kettle and creating steam can help as it opens up constricted breathing tubes and a vapourizer with some menthol crystals in, in their bedroom at night can help them sleep better. Michael was really brave to cope so well with this attack - he is such a lovely looking little boy with a wonderful smile. I'm so glad he's feeling better today.
Warm hugs, Angela

6:45 PM  
Blogger Cindy said...

Glad to hear your little guy is feeling well enough to want to do things! Sounds like a scary night that you had at the hospital.

The quilt show looks like it was *incredible*!!

7:25 PM  
Blogger Barbara J said...

Hope your son gets well soon!

Thanks you for all those lovely pictures and your smalls are so fine! :)

8:08 PM  
Blogger Natasha said...

You finishing work is beautiful!! So clean and perfect looking.

8:12 PM  
Blogger Cathy C said...

So many lovely pictures Anita, thanks for sharing your adventures at the Quilt Show. Sounds like something you could do all day. Too bad I live so far or I'd go with you and we'd probably either talk each other into buying too much or help keep each other honest :-)! It is very tempting anytime I am around fabrics. I loved the boxes and all the ornaments you showed from Mill Hill. The little stockings are just darling and I will have to stitch some of those soon. Thanks for all the great pictures and your Biscournus for Christmas are darling! I need to get into some of that Christmas Stitching soon too.
Will keep you and Michael in my prayers...do get some rest.

11:30 PM  
Blogger Cathy C said...

Have to agree, Michael is a little darling! Sounds like he likes to be in the photos too. Hope he is up and around and doing hand springs soon :-)...give him a hug from me and tell him I said he was very brave at the emergency room....and I'm sending him a high 5! I love the sound of his voice. I'll be praying for both of you here.... Big hugs!

11:41 PM  
Blogger Nic said...

I hope your son is feeling better now. It must have been very worrying.

I loved the photos from teh show, and of course, your smalls - they are exquisite!

3:50 AM  
Blogger Sally said...

I hope your little boy is much better soon Anita {{{{hugs}}}}

Wow all those lovely pictures:) I'm quite jealous that you have such wonderful shows there.

The gifts you received are lovely. I do like the JN exclusive.

5:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow Anita! You have gotten me all jealous! What a fabulous show to go to :o)

I hope your son feel better real soon. He looks so cute as Bob The Builder :o)

7:18 AM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

So sorry to read about your little boy - hope he's feeling better soon!

Your Elizabeth's Designs biscornu is absolutely gorgeous! I may have to do one like that for myself.

8:06 AM  
Blogger Nancy said...

Hello Anita,

I always enjoy reading your blog because your stitching is exquisite. You always make such beautiful things. I love your Christmas biscournos.

Your little boy is adorable! I know you must have been so worried, and I am happy for you and him that he is feeling better. I will keep him in my thoughts.

9:00 AM  
Blogger Wanda said...

rpqWhat a terrible thing for your little boy to be so sick! He is very cute and I will keep in my thoughts for a quick recovery. Your stitching is beautiful and it sound like you had a lovely time at the show those are the best days!!

10:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Anita...

hope your baby is fine now. Thank you for sharing the quilt show pictures.

Your blog is really nice...i'm a frequent visitor here.

Keep up your beautiful works

10:20 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

I hope your son is feeling much better now. The show looks like it was awesome. I also love the Twisted Oak and JN pyramid. The Stoney Creek mittens are cute. I especially like the one with the church on it. Thanks for the pictures.

12:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for this pictures

1:03 PM  
Blogger JariJari said...

Get well soon, little boy. He's really going to be a good looking guy one day!

I love all the pictures you've shared. Lucky you!

9:31 PM  
Blogger tintocktap said...

I'm sure your son will be back to normal soon - children are so resiliant! Sounds like you had a wonderful time at the quilt show - lucky you! Love the Christmas biscornus too!

6:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope your son is better - he's such a cutie-pie. Thanks so much for sharing the pictures from the show! They're wonderful!

12:44 PM  
Blogger Rachel D. said...

My poor Anita, so much emotion. Hopefully, your little one is in good shape now.
And so many beauties: don't know where to look first. Thanks and hugs from Belgium.

1:17 PM  
Blogger Sharon said...

Poor baby, respiratory illness can be so scary. I hope and pray that he will continue to improve. Take it easy and get some rest too. Love your smalls-gorgeous!

11:40 PM  
Blogger Cheryl said...

So many lovely pictures to look at!
I hope your son gets better soon

3:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

BEAUTIFUl!

4:10 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

So glad your son is better! Your biscornus are beautiful - and what fun photos of the quilt show. I would have loved to have gone!

2:27 PM  
Blogger Meari said...

What a great show! I hope your son is feeling better. He's such a cutie!

12:03 AM  
Blogger Yuko said...

Thanks for shareing beautiful and wonderful pictures!!
I love the one that your son's halloween bobs builder!
It's so lovely! My son also loves Bob's builder (in Japan, it is said "Bob to Boo Boos", lol)!

11:49 PM  
Blogger stitcherw said...

I'm so sorry to hear that he had such a bad attack, and what an awful scare for you too. I'm glad that they were able to help him feel better, his wanting to get out and about is a great sign. I'll keep him in my thoughts and prayers and hopfully he stays well and doesn't have any more trouble like that.

I loved all the pictures of the show too, what fun it would be to see all those booths. Your two biscornus turned out beautiful as well, wonderful colors, you're certainly in the Christmas spirit.
Sue

7:42 PM  
Blogger Solstitches said...

What a gorgeous little boy you have Anita. I'm sorry he was so sick and that you were so scared. It's a long time since my kids were small but I remember well the helpless feeling I got when they were sick.
Thanks for sharing your day at the show. You saw so many wonderful things and bought some nice new stash too.

Margaret

3:42 PM  
Blogger Sharon said...

I am so sorry to hear about your little guys' illness. I also have a little boy who suffers w/ lung troubles - so I know the fears that you have. Please know that you both will be in my thoughts and prayers. Thanks also for sharing the BEAUTIFUL pics. They are SO motivating!!!!

6:10 PM  
Blogger Tanya Willis Anderson said...

What a darling he is!!! Hope he is doing well by now. Beautiful stitching as always, Anita!

Tanya

8:25 PM  
Blogger paola said...

Beautifulst these biscornue... task that I will copy to you

12:27 AM  
Blogger Yasmin said...

Hi Anita,
All your biscornus looks sooo gorgeous!!!! If there is an award for the Queen of biscornu, you should get it.LOL... anyway in my eyes, you stitch the best and loviest biscornus!

7:05 AM  
Blogger Carmen said...

beautiful!

7:20 AM  
Blogger Marie said...

I missed Festival this year so I appreciate those pictures. My dear friend purchased and sent me the Twisted Oak Pyramid and I just got the Dinky Dyes for it today!
I am a quilter so I love festival. I will be there next year :)

11:38 PM  
Blogger Carla said...

Love your Christmas biscornus!!

6:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Anita,
thanks for the wonderful Biscornu-pictures. I love ist.

Elke from Germany

9:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home