Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Anita's Stitching

I have begun stitching in 1978. For the last 10 years, my stitching has been with "smalls". I love to use beads and ribbons and always looking for new ways for finishing. My email addresses is anita@anitalittlestitches.com.

Monday, May 18, 2009

A rose collection for myself for Mother's Day

I decided to stitch a rose collection this year for myself for Mother's day inspired by the very pretty roses I got from my brother on Mother's day. I love the rose designs from Keslyn's Alissa's pillow and here are what I come up with:

I used Jobelan 28 ct Antique Ivory, Covered button set to create the center button, and added seed beads. I modifed the chart to create the biscornu. You can find all these items on my web site:

http://www.anitalittlestitches.com/jobelanevenweave.html

http://www.anitalittlestitches.com/coverbuttons.html

http://www.anitalittlestitches.com/keslyn.html















Here are pictures of the roses I got from my brother on Mother's day:







Labels: , ,

11 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Lovely!

6:31 AM  
Blogger Sabrina said...

you really are very good! I always enchanted when I see the things you do. thank you and sorry for my english. bye bye
Sabrina

11:03 AM  
Blogger Ellen said...

Lovely rose collection. I love the way you made the floss tag.

Hugs,

6:58 PM  
Blogger Cindy F. said...

LOVE the covered button on the biscornu! The rose patterns are gorgeous, as are your real roses!!

(((HUGS)))

10:49 PM  
Blogger CindyMae said...

Very pretty stitching and finishing! Love the flowers as well!

2:56 PM  
Blogger Julianne said...

Hello Anita,

Your brother certainly gave you a lovely bouquet.

Your stitching smalls with the roses are beautiful.

3:49 PM  
Blogger Carla said...

Beautiful set of smalls!!!

1:03 PM  
Blogger angelasweby said...

Anita,
What a wonderful inspiration those roses from your brother were - and what a thoughtful brother you have :>)
I love the little Mother's Day gifts you stitched for yourself - you deserve a real treat :>)
I love the different ways you finish your stitching. Your blog is always such an inspiration :>)
Warm hugs Angela

4:34 PM  
Blogger AuntSuze said...

Beautiful finishes!!! And amazing flowers, wish I had a brother and one that would send me flowers too.

5:50 PM  
Blogger Senorita Stitches said...

You did a wonderful job Anita. I especially like the button you used on the biscornu.

8:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

All these pieces are so lovely.

3:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home